By focusing on birds, and the sites and habitats on which they depend, the BirdLife International partnership is working to improve the quality of life for birds, for other wildlife (biodiversity), and for people. The BirdLife International partnership strives to conserve birds, their habitats and global biodiversity, working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources.
The BirdLife International partnership has:
- More than 4 000 staff working for conservation
- Over 2 500 000 members worldwide
- 10 million worldwide supporters
- Over two million children involved annually
- Over one million hectares owned or managed