Flock at Sea AGAIN! 2017 from 24-28 April 2017
A unique opportunity for a 5 day,4 night cruise along the continental shelf from Cape Town and back. The route will be specified by BirdLife South Africa for optimum seabird spotting. These waters have produced some of the rarest seabirds on the South African list. With top seabird guides on deck and a variety of onboard lectures and talks by leading seabird experts, this promises to be an unforgettable trip. The 88th BirdLife South Africa AGM will be held onboard during the cruise. A Seabird Identification Course – Johannesburg will be held in March 2017 and various accommodation options in Cape Town are available for pre or post-cruise. Seabird Identification Course – Cape Town will be held March 2017.
Download a list of Likely species, Reasonable chance species, Aseasonal species with a chance and outside chance rarities (list compiled by Dr Ross Wanless and Trevor Hardaker)
Book your berth by calling the MSC Cruises Call Centre on 011 798 3600 and quote BirdLife. A deposit of R3 000 per cabin is payable to MSC Cruises within 72 hours of making a booking to confirm the booking.
Please note that discounts are not combinable. Passengers can select ONE discount they wish to apply. (maximum of 1 discount per booking)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The MSC Cruises Call Centre currently has a high call volume. Please be patient when calling to make a booking.
Or book online through the MSC website by clicking on the link below:
For more information, please contact BirdLife South Africa on 011 789 1122 or email Emma Askes
About MSC Sinfonia
Download the brochure below to view the deck plan and cabin layout.
MSC operates a dynamic pricing policy, so fares can change at any time according to inventory. Fares are not confirmed until the deposit is received.
- Single supplement will apply.
- Children (under 18) sharing with two paying adults are free and only pay mandatory charges.
- For a single parent sharing with one or more children – the adults pay full fare, first child 60% of current best price. The remaining children pay the mandatory charges only.
- Price (discount %) for pensioner’s (60+) are as follows: 8% Inside, 10% outside, 12% Balcony cabins and 15% Balcony Suites.
- Please read the MSC Terms & Conditions and Contract of Carriage. These can be downloaded from 'Useful Documentation' below.
- The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) also contains useful information.
Other costs (mandatory fees and Flock fee)
Mandatory fees per adult
Port Charges: R610
Mandatory fees per child (under 18)
Port Charges: R610
R300 per adult. For this Flock fee, you are get top seabird guides on deck from dawn until dusk, onboard lectures and talks by top seabird experts, including Peter Harrison, and the chance to win lucky draw prizes at the AGM.
Email Communication from Emma Askes: